South Loop Montessori School is a private learning institution that aims to deliver the highest standard of Montessori education in the Chicagoland area by meeting the academic, social, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of children 8 weeks to 9 years of age.
Our main objectives are to provide a carefully planned, stimulating environment which helps children develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills and ideas which are essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning. When engaged in well-structured tasks, the students experience a deep inner satisfaction which leaves them with an overall positive attitude toward the joy of learning.
In the classroom, children are exposed to a wide range of activities, including math, science, language, arts and crafts, socialization, large/small muscle group activities, and general learning based upon the Montessori Method.
We invite you to become acquainted with our Montessori way of life. Please Contact Us to learn more or to schedule a tour our facility, located at the intersection of Polk and Dearborn Streets in the historic Dearborn Station
South Loop Montessori School At a Glance
- Enriching Education Curriculum and Year-round Montessori Programs offered for All Levels
- Experienced, Certified Montessori Teachers in Every Classroom
- Range of Programs and Schedules (All Day (7:30am—6:30pm), School Day (8am—3:30pm) and Half Day (8am—12:30pm)) to help meet the needs of working parents
- Low Student-to-Teacher Ratio for a Tailored Program
- State-of-the-Art Facility built to provide an Unmatched, Authentic Montessori Learning Environment, conveniently located in Chicago’s Loop
- Self-correcting Classroom Materials Specialized for Each Level of Development based upon the Montessori Method
- Child-sized tools — from furniture to flatware — encouraging self-reliance
- Fresh, organic lunch program, catered locally by Gourmet Gorilla
- Special Emphasis on Global Concepts
- Expansive array of Extracurricular Programming tailored to Student Interest, including Art, Spanish, Music, Cooking, Science and Child Yoga
- Outdoor Activities in Our Large, Private Playground that Reconnect Children to Nature
- State-of-the-art technology and protocol ensuring the safety of students
South Loop Montessori School is affiliated with three existing, highly esteemed Montessori education centers – Northbrook Montessori School, The Grove Montessori School, Lincolnshire Montessori School – owned by the Dadrass family, located on Chicago’s Northshore and in the northwest suburbs.
The Dadrass family brings more than three decades of experience in Montessori-based education to South Loop Montessori School. Mahdi Dadrass, prior to becoming our Executive Director, served his family’s existing schools as director of operations for eight years, overseeing the expansion of classrooms, enrollment and programs offered during such time.
South Loop Montessori School opened in the South Loop of Chicago in the Winter of 2012.
South Loop Montessori School is:
Full Member of the American Montessori Society (AMS) and committed to The Montessori Method of education
Registered with the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)
Member of the Association of Illinois Montessori Schools (AIMS)
Licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS)